Thursday, March 18, 2010

Too soon, or not soon enough?

Rodriquez answers the call (though I really wish he would stop these side projects and make Sin City 2).

The official 'Predators' trailer has been released, and what we get is an eclectic group of varying actors thrown into the jungle landscape of the Predator home world.

The first thing I thought when originally coming across the production of this film is the title immediately reminded me of 'Aliens.' I know this is said to be a 'reboot' but I feel from everything I've seen and read (including this trailer) that it serves better as a sequel. So right off the bat it has at least to me a James Cameron homage.

Secondly I've always been a fan of Robert Rodriguez ever since his collaboration with Tarantino on 'From Dusk Till Dawn.' Originally he was meant to direct, but I think we still have a good chance of success due in part for the use of his original screenplay (even if it has been modified) and his watchful eye with him serving as executive producer.

The only thing I'm disappointed about is the jungle landscape. Don't get me wrong it looks cool and all and defiantly worked in the first film, albeit on Earth. What I mean is that as awful as Aliens vs. Predators was (and boy was it shit) they briefly showed an interesting look at a civilized city; a concrete jungle that I can only hope they will include in this feature film (though I doubt).

Have a look below.

No comments:

Post a Comment