Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Déjà vu on Elm St.




So that image from Hollywood's latest remake may look cool to some people but not so much to us faithful to Wes Craven's original masterpiece 'A Nightmare on Elm Street.' After the uninspiring Freddy Vs. Jason I thought doing this remake couldn't really hurt and having not seen the remake of Friday the 13th still held out hope for this movie. That is until I saw the trailer and what I got is literal scene for scene shots from the original.

Perhaps this idea could have never worked out, though what I will mention is Fred Krueger's burnt flesh looks a helluva lot better than the old prosthetic mask. And speaking of his name I really hope he is referred to as 'Fred' as was done so in the original and not the sequels comedic 'Freddy.'

The tagline is 'Don't Fall Asleep' - I just really hope I don't ;)

Check out the trailer for yourself below...

No comments:

Post a Comment