Monday, August 16, 2010

Cemetery Junction Trailer

When I first discovered news regarding Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant's new collaborative effort 'Cemetery Junction' I was excited. They truly are comedic geniuses with the ability to include heart -- aka 'Dramady.'

After showing the trailer to a friend he remarked how he would like to see it on release which I immediately countered with "good luck" knowing that it would likely never see a theatrical release outside the United Kingdom.



As it turns out I was correct - for the most part, you see it opened way back in April and I hadn't heard a peep about it.

For no reason what-so-ever it popped into my head today, so checking IMDB I discovered it was released internationally mostly parts of Europe but oddly enough June saw a New Zealand release date, though no actual surprise to me as they seem to get a lot of film and TV before their much bigger brother Australia.

Anyway as the rest of us eagerly await a DVD release or fingers-crossed limited theatrical run, check out the trailer below.



Great to see Gervais' love for David Bowie is still prevalent and from watching that trailer and reading the tag line: 'Be Young. Be Free. Be Somebody.' I sense the combination of Cameron Crowe mets Judd Apatow with English sensibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment